Wise Realities focuses on utilising immersive technologies in health research and education to promote and advance health by conducting research in collaboration with industry, academia and community. Through a membership network of academic and industrial collaborators, Wise Realities aims to provide opportunities for early career researchers to continue their research in a supportive environment.
Wise Realities is a not-for-profit research organisation that seeks to fill the gap in structured support for talented early career researchers to reach their potential working alongside like-minded peers.
Wise Realities aims to fulfil its mission through:
- Forming the Starting Career Research Fund Scheme in collaboration with Western Australian not-for-profit foundations;
- Running courses and workshops on cutting-edge immersive technologies in healthcare for Western Australian health and medical professionals, educators and students;
- Developing a mentoring program for student developers with an interest in health immersive technologies;
- Providing expert guidance and advice to academics on research-led teaching utilising cutting-edge immersive technologies;
- Enhancing and promoting collaboration between academia, industry and community;
- Developing the Health Immersive Technologies Appropriateness Certification system to ensure the quality and safety of immersive products to be used in health research and education; and
- Forming collaborations between Western Australian researchers and international research organisations.